At Mad4Mod's upholstery workshops, you have a super fun excuse to learn some upholstery skills AND save money. You'll be creating something for your home that 100% reflects your own unique style...for a super affordable price! Each workshop that I run will teach a new set of skills - the Classic Headboard, for example, features basic padding and construction layers, simple folded corners and how to make and attach a fabric covered button. Future workshops will teach things like deep buttoning (or tufting) and how to make and attach piping. Before you know it, you'll have all the skills you need to attempt a major upholstery project - maybe that rocking chair you've always wanted to recover?
DATE: SUNDAY 8TH APRIL 2018
VENUE: WAIKANAE DANCE SCHOOL, 12B PARATA ST, WAIKANAE
TIME: 10:00AM - 2:00PM (finish time is flexible)
COST: $265 per person (does NOT include fabric)
+ BUTTONS FROM AN EXTRA $35
Learn how to pad and wrap a simple rectangular headboard.
A new upholstered headboard could easily cost you about $1200. At the Mad4Mod Headboard Workshop, you have a super fun excuse to learn some basic upholstery skills AND save money! You'll be creating something for your home that 100% reflects your own unique style...for a super affordable price!
You will learn:
- how to safely use a professional staple gun
- how to attach foam to your headboard
- why an electric bread knife should be in your upholstery tool box
- what 'batting' is and why you need it
- how to cut a corner to remove bulk
- what 'railroading' is and why it's important - especially for a headboard!
- how to make a fabric covered button and attach it to your project
- all necessary tools to complete your project
- your board, upholstery foam, batting and finishing cloth
- a wall mounting kit OR headboard legs
- you'll get a full set of notes to take home so you can make another awesome headboard at your leisure!
- you'll leave with a FREE buttoning tool so you can add fabric covered buttons to your next upholstery project!
- caffeine will be provided - caffeine is 100% necessary for ALL upholstery projects (or is that just me?)
Because of the wildly varying cost of upholstery fabric, not to mention wildly varying tastes, FABRIC FOR THIS WORKSHOP IS NOT SUPPLIED.
Sizes available - SINGLE, KING SINGLE, DOUBLE, QUEEN & (due to popular demand) KING / SUPER KING!